Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Daily Chai - Vacation Day 8

Today's chai latte hates me. You'd think I would have a latte every day without fail in the Starbucks capital of Canada, but I never seem to get there. I suppose it was not meant to be, considering their national computer fail today.

Today, my last full day in Vancouver, was a quiet day with the family. I went for brunch at Yolks on Hastings with Zoe and the girls and had the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had in my life. In typical Megan fashion, I spilled precious maple syrup all over the table, but the kids enjoyed their waffles and pancakes regardless. After brunch we hung out with the rest of the family and I finally met Zoe's grandma and the girls got to play with Zoe's cousin one more time. Her aunt had us over for dinner and the kids were happy for the extra time together, but I was exhausted. The jet lag and the long day yesterday in Victoria have gotten into my bones and made me weary.

This has been a bittersweet vacation for me. I'm not ready to write about why, but I am very glad to be here with my extended family and these people that I love so much. I met new people that I will likely never see again, but have touched my heart. And I will be saying goodbye to someone I love for probably the last time. I am not ready.

I have often written about living life fully, but I cannot stress enough how important this philosophy has become to me. Right now, I cannot fully express what I mean, but I leave you with this:


No comments: