Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The Daily Chai Has Been Disappointed

Today's Chai Latte is having an existential crisis and decided not to make an appearance just to prove a point.










I bought these boots a couple years ago, not exactly sure when, but since I paid nearly $200 for them I expected them to LAST THE REST OF MY LIFE. Clearly I was mistaken to put so much faith in footwear. In true Canadian fashion, I have written a very strongly-worded email to Sorel, demanding they remedy this despicable situation. I will be sure to update you on the story of my boots, as I'm sure you are all dying to hear about it.

In other news, the weather sucks. Oh, my apologies, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. Can we, for the love of god, please talk about something besides the weather? How 'bout those Red Sox? Did you hear about this?

I would also like to point out that my most popular post to date is The Daily Chai is Hungover which makes you all guilty of schadenfreude. Since this is quite possibly one of my favourite expressions ever, I'd like to say that I love each and every one of you who read the post. You must be good shits. Also, you men really need to take the fucking kids out of the house. Possibly more often than once a week. Why are you still here? GO, GO NOW!

In all seriousness, I truly appreciate all those who have reached out to tell me they are enjoying my blog or just to say hi and see how I'm doing. I know I've written about some pretty heavy things in the past week, but I want you all to know that I really am doing just fine! I have my ups and downs, my good days and bad days, but overall, I'm happy. I'm moving forward with my life in the best way I know how, taking care of my kids and taking care of me. I'm not always going to make the right choices and already I've done some pretty dumb shit, but at least they are my choices. What makes me even happier is the connection I've made with the number of you who have said my words described exactly how you felt about a certain situation. We are not alone. Carry on.

No comments: